Why Choose Laser Dentistry
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Superior Results and Gentler on your teeth
- No sound of the drill
- No feel of the drill
- No shots in many cases
- Faster healing time
- Sterilizes area as it works
- Relieves Anxiety for many patients
- Conserves tooth structure
- Reduces swelling and bleeding when used with soft tissue.
- Anesthetizes as it works
Virtually Painless, More Natural Dentistry*
- Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional dental drill. Since cutting both hard and soft tissues (teeth and gums) with the LightWalker ATS does not generate heat, vibration or pressure, many dental procedures can be performed nearly pain-free with fewer shots, less need for anesthesia, less use of the drill and fewer numb lips! Additionally, using the LightWalker ATS for gum procedures reduces bleeding, post-operative pain, swelling and the need for pain medication in many cases. It’s just a better way to get your dentistry done!
Accuracy & Precision
- LightWalker ATS dentists are able to remove tooth enamel decay (the hardest substance in the body), bone and gum tissue precisely while leaving surrounding areas unaffected. This conserves more of the precious tooth structure you were born with, helping you to maintain your natural teeth longer!
- High speed drills can cause hairline cracks and fractures in the teeth that eventually lead to future dental problems. LightWalker ATS reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth and minimizes trauma.
Less Bleeding & Swelling
- Due to its conservative cutting action, the LightWalker ATS performs many soft tissue (gum) procedures with little or no bleeding and less post-op swelling.
Fewer Dental Visits
- Since you often do not need shots or anesthesia, a LightWalker ATS dentist can perform cavity preps in all areas of the mouth in just one visit. This technology also gives trained LightWalker ATS dentists the ability to perform many procedures that were previously referred to specialists, saving you time and hassle as you address the dental needs of you and your family.
- The LightWalker ATS is extremely versatile. It can be used for a wide range of hard and soft tissue procedures. From decay removal, cavity preparation, root canals, smile design, gum and bone surgical procedures and many others. Let your LightWalker ATS dentist be a one stop shop for you!
Laser procedures utilize the power of the universe, electromagnetic waves. The various lasers (LightWalker ATS) utilized by Dr. Cappetta emit wavelengths of light from the infrared part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Depending upon the application, lasers with wavelengths either absorbed by water molecules or dark pigments, such as blood cells and germs, are used for treatment.
Our lasers, referred to as "cold lasers", are used for biostimulation. This reduces swelling and inflammation, opens the lymph system for drainage, stimulates or speeds up healing of trauma and infection problems, re-activates sluggish or inactive cells, and transforms stem cells into what is needed in the treatment area, just to name a few of its uses. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN HOLISTIC MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY.
Our Erbium and Neodymium lasers are used by Dr. Cappetta to cut hard and soft tissues, including teeth with decay, infected bone, gums for periodontal disease problems, treat infected root canals, plus other lesions and malformations. These lasers are also set into non-cutting modes to warm tissues, resulting in remodeling of collagen, and formation of new young collagen to tighten and firm specific areas for facial cosmetics, snoring and sleep apnea problems, and rejuvenating aging or diseased body tissues.
Some the trademarked techniques which Dr. Cappetta performs are: PIPS for root canals, WPT for gum disease surgery, Smoothlase & Liplase (Dr.Harvey Shiffman's trademark) for rejuvenating face and lip collagen to de-age and enhance your appearance, and NightLase for snoring and sleep apnea problems with the two lasers onboard his LightWalker ATS laser.
The applications of our lasers in Dr. Cappetta’s hands are almost endless, as the settings and delivery systems are so varied.
CALL 210-614-5481 FOR AN APPOINTMENT OR MORE INFORMATION